Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm Alive............

I've been sick for what seems like forever, but thankfully, I am feeling MUCH better.  Last Thursday I started having some stomach cramps that lasted all night.  I sucked it up and went on in to work on Friday and finally about 1:30pm Friday I had, had enough so I called the Dr's office.  They could not get me and told me to go to the Urgent Care office on North Main that is open during day time hours, so I did.  They did some blood work, gave me 2 prescriptions and told me to call them Monday if I was better and if not to come back in, but if I got worse before Monday, then I needed to go to the ER.  Well by Saturday afternoon I had, had enough again, so Kerry took Anna Claire to Momma's and he took me to the ER in Murfreesboro.  I was in so much pain that I begged him to just take me to Shelbyville, but knowing Shelbyville's past reputation, he took me to Murfreesboro.  I can tell you before finishing this story, that, that will not happen again!!  We waited for, OK wait, we walked in and it looked the the waiting room for ER, you remember ER on channel 4, right?  Yeah, the waiting room was PACKED!!  I wanted to go back to the car at this point, but Kerry said no.  So we sign in and Kerry tells the guy that I am in serious pain and that the Dr on Friday thinks it's my gallbladder.  The guy behind the counter cringes and says, "oh man, I know she's in pain bc it has happened to me before."  Fabulous, then he'll rush me on through, right?  After all my sheet says 168, surely he won't make me wait that long, he's been there.  

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, wrong.  We waited for an hour and a half and never went back to triage.  That's right, we never made it back to triage.  The lady next to Kerry waiting to go to triage that felt good enough to go outside and have her a few smokes, told Kerry that once you made it through triage that it was still a 3 hour wait to get back to see the Dr.  I am balled up in a chair in pain, while people go in and out to smoke, others chase their children around, etc........ and they are going in before me?  Not to mention I was dying of thirst because I was on the verge of being dehydrated and there was only coke products to drink and the sprite was SOLD OUT!  I told Kerry, in a very firm and not so polite tone, "LET'S GO!!"  He didn't argue and we got in the car and left.  He stopped and got me a Gatorade and then took me back to Shelbyville to the hospital.  I waited about 5 minutes before I was seen in Shelbyville.  They were very thorough and polite.  They did blood work and an ultra sound, and everything came back normal.  The ER Dr still thought it was my gallbladder, so I got protonix, Demerol, and phenergan in my IV.  Oh, let's not forget the shot of benadryl in the hip because apparently I am allergic to the liquid Demerol and I started to whelp up and itch before I got the full dose, so the nurse had to stop and get the Dr, like the IV wasn't bad enough!!  I also apparently have very thin blood because the blood withdrawal took forever!!  I declined the pain medicine until they really didn't give me any other option.  I'm weird about feeling loopy.

I got 2 prescriptions and was sent on my way.  We had to give the insurance information after we were seen by the Dr, seriously!!  I could barely hold my head up and she was asking me questions!!  Anyway, I stayed knocked out until Monday afternoon, where I went for a re-check with my regular Dr.  She gave me a new prescription and assumes that my stomach produced too much stomach acid and this is what caused my pain.  I'm assuming she is right because I am finally feeling better and am only taking the prescription that she gave me on Monday.

It took 5 prescriptions and 3 different Dr's, but thankfully I am feeling better!!  I will attempt to start catching up on life this weekend.  I have to thank God for giving me such a wonderful husband and family.  They took very good care of me and Anna Claire while I was sick.

1 comment:

Holli said...

So glad you are feeling better! Nothing worse than a sick Momma!