Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Chattanooga

We were suppose to go to the Jeff Fisher and Friends Charity softball game on May 22nd. Everyone had new jerseys and Anna Claire had a pink miniature Titans helmet for autographs. After the Nashville flood they postponed the game to Sunday, June 13th. {Kerry's scheduled work night} We were very disappointed because we really look forward to this every year. I knew I had to come up with something for us to do that weekend, other than the Zoo because I decided last year that we will only go to the Zoo on a cool day. The past 2 years it has been in the 90's and it makes for a miserable day at the Zoo. Anyway, I decided we should go to the Tennessee Aquarium since Anna Claire has never been before. I checked on it and decided we should just make it a weekend getaway, so we did. We left Saturday morning and went to the Aquarium, spent the night in Chattanooga, and then Sunday we went to the Creative Discovery Museum , but not without incident. We went through Winchester to get to the interstate bc we weren't positive about the whole sink hole status. We got to the interstate and Anna Claire told me her mouth hurt and she wanted me to hold her. I gave her some sprite and she said it was better. We were almost in Chattanooga and she told me her mouth hurt again. A drink of sprite made it better. We get in to downtown and we can see the Aquarium and Anna Claire tells me that her mouth hurts again and then says "oh Momma" as she starts to throw up. I sling the seat belt off, turn around in my seat, grab her blanket, and try to catch what I can. Kerry was just trying to get us to a parking lot, until she projectiled all over me and I yelled for him to just PULL OVER!!! He pulled in to a fire lane and I immediately unbuckled her from her car seat and he stripped her down on the sidewalk. He starts to clean her up, as I try to clean up the car seat. Luckily, I had a little packet of Clorox bleach wipes in her diaper bag for emergencies like this. I was able to catch most of it, so the only place I really had to work on cleaning was one of the straps to the car seat. I had just enough Clorox wipes to get it cleaned up good. I know people thought we were crazy because they were walking by while we had Anna Claire in a diaper on the sidewalk. All of her clothes, blanket, Pups, another stuffed dog, socks, shoes, etc.... were just tossed all over the sidewalk. We managed to get her cleaned up, I got my shirt changed, and we proceeded on to the Aquarium. I am guessing she drank some sour milk because she was fine from there on out. I didn't check our milk because it was NOT out of date, but I have noticed that the milk has been going sour before the date on the jug here lately. The hotel had a laundry room, so I was able to get everything washed when we got to the room. We had a really good time and look forward to our next getaway, minus the sour milk. :0 You don't see this very often and this is the only proof that I have of being there myself, other than the picture that the Aquarium staff took.

The Penguins were her favorite!!

I enjoyed the jelly fish. I thought this one was really neat bc it looks like it has a cross on it.
This caused me to use outfit #3 on day 1, thus causing us to have to go to the mall to get her another outfit because I only packed 2 extra outfits for her. {lesson learned} I meant to put her swimsuit in the backpack and totally forgot.
Creative Discovery Museum
No words.......................

This was the music area, aka "Headache Central"

We had some Ben & Jerry's before we headed home on Sunday.
We found the Funkabuckets playing under the bridge at the Aquarium after our trip to Ben & Jerry's. They were awesome!! Look them up on Facebook and/or You Tube.

No comments: