Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Super Stars Fun Meet 2010

Anna Claire started taking gymnastics at Barnyard back in September 2009. This lasted through December and there were not enough children taking the classes, so the classes stopped. We were offered a free 1yr membership, still paying the regular monthly fee, if we took her to the ETC gym in Murfreesboro. Anna Claire is so young and there is not a lot offered for her age, so we decided to let her continue to take gymnastics. I would love for her to play soccer this Fall, but she will not be 4 until next year. My plan is to let her play whatever she wants until she finds what she loves. My love was softball. Her Daddy's love was basketball and football. {Soccer was not popular when I was young - Man I'm old!!} She may love dance, with her you just never know, but I'm guessing it will be soccer. She enjoys gymnastics and is good at it for her age, but she's already {I think} good at soccer for her age too. OK, I got off topic........
ETC has a Super Stars Fun Meet every year. It allows each age group to show what they can do. It's not a competition, even though deep down it was for me - sorry, it's just something fun kind of like the dance recitals. Anna Claire got a free Super Stars Fun Meet t-shirt and at the end every child got a trophy. This was only my 2nd time seeing her do her gymnastics because her class is during the day while I'm at work. Thankfully, I knew what to expect this time because the first class I went to I almost had more than one heart attack. There were 4 different areas and you could tell which area was her favorite. Her favorite area was also the area that she got to go first in.

I never said she didn't get bored waiting for her turn. : )

She enjoys the floor exercises the most, but watching her flip down the wedge is nerve racking!!

I thought she was just tired because she had done all her routines and not had a nap all day, little did I know.... It was the start of strep throat and about 10 hours after I took this picture she had a temperature of 102.3.


2 comments:

Susan said...

What to go AC! I cracked up at the bored pictures! Too funny.

Scott Reed said...

She is just so stinking cute. And now she gives me kisses!