Thursday, June 24, 2010

No Voice, a Dead Fish, and Ice Cream.........Oh My!!

I have been sick since about Saturday afternoon, not really sick bc I never felt bad, I just couldn't talk and when I did, it hurt.  Monday I went to the Dr and she said that I have/had {since it's much better now} Tracheitis.  It's basically an upper respiratory infection that caused my trachea to swell.  I got a shot and some antibiotics and went on my merry way, back to work of course.  I never really showed any signs of an upper respiratory infection, other than a sore throat that lasted about an hour.  I had a cough, but it was because I felt like I had something stuck in my throat because of the swelling.  Anyway, the shot worked and by Tuesday I sounded a little bit better.  Today, I sound much better, but there are still times when you can tell I've still got a little swelling.

Kerry called me Tuesday afternoon to tell me that Susie didn't look to good.  She didn't look to good because she was DEAD!!  Thankfully, Momma was in Murfreesboro Tuesday evening, so I sent her a text that said, "can you go to Pet Smart please?  Susie is dead and Anna Claire doesn't know it."  She responded with, "OK."  Later on Kerry put Anna Claire in the bath, so that I could get the aquarium cleaned out and get everything ready for the new fish.   About 9:00pm, Kerry went to the gym, Anna Claire went to bed, and I stayed up waiting on MeMe.  Now Susie was red, blue and green.  She was more blue than anything, but her long tail was red.  MeMe comes in with Susie #2 and I didn't know what to say.  Susie #2 was red and pink.  He was big and lively, so I didn't say anything other than THANK YOU!! 
Anna Claire noticed as soon as she saw Susie Wednesday morning that the blue was missing.  Kerry convinced her that Susie just turned pink.  {I wanted to tell her the truth, but he felt like she was too young to understand}  Susie #2 is much more lively that Susie #1 ever was, thank goodness.  I never got a good picture of Susie #1 and as you can see, Susie #2 came and stayed next to the glass, so I could take his picture.  I think he only did it with the hopes that I would feed him.  So, I learned my lesson.............................No more fish from small pet stores.  Now on to something else.  : )

Wednesday afternoon I took Anna Claire to the Dr.  She had some cold symptoms and she was a little hoarse when she woke up, so I went ahead and made her an appointment because I had googled tracheitis and I knew it was normally an infection that children get and it is very hard on children because their trachea is so small.  {Yes, I got an infection that usually only children get and some how managed not to get strep throat when she had that in May.  My immune system is so weird}  Anyway, we go to the Dr. and she is running a low grade fever when we get there.  She checked everything out and asked if her nose had been bleeding because it was raw.  Bless her heart, she never complains about feeling bad or anything hurting, so I had to idea she was that sick.  I just went on my motherly instincts when I made the appointment and I'm glad I did.  Anna Claire has an upper respiratory infection, that I am guessing I gave to her.  We dropped her prescriptions off at Walgreen's and then had about 30 minutes until they would be ready, so we went to Dairy Queen for a treat.  Anna Claire wanted chocolate ice cream in a sprinkle cone.  I had to explain to her that we were going to Dairy Queen, not Ben & Jerry's.  She settled for a regular cone with some soft serve vanilla ice cream.  She ate all the ice cream off of the top and wanted more.  I explained that there was more ice cream in the cone.  She refused to eat the cone and requested a spoon to finish her ice cream.

No comments: