Monday, June 14, 2010

Who, What, When, Where, and Why? Why? Why?

Seems to be the questions that I am constantly answering now days, especially the why? Why Momma Why? Other days she will sit in another room and call my name over and over and over and over. Momma!! Yes Anna Claire? Momma!! Yes Anna Claire? Momma!! Yes Anna Claire? She said it at least 25 times this morning. I'm used to it, but it drives her Daddy crazy. He said this morning that there was just to much estrogen in the house. I told him to go let Harley back in the house. She called her Daddy a crazy old man the other day and I just about fell out of the chair laughing. The more I laughed, the more she repeated it, and the redder Kerry got. It was a hilarious!!
We've been catching lots of lightening bugs this Summer. Lightening bugs are a whole lot quicker than they used to be. : ) Anna Claire will hold them now, but only for a few seconds. They usually fly to the top of her bug catcher, so she had to get out her flashlight to see them. {and yes, that is a Lightning McQueen sticker taped on her shirt. It would no longer stick and she freaked out, so MeMe taped it to her shirt}

She started taking swim lessons on June 5th at the Rec Center. She loves Bailie the Lifeguard and really only wants Bailie to work with her and no one else. I'm pretty sure she has a crush on the male lifeguard that helps with swim lessons. She doesn't really care for him to work with her, but she will bat her eyes at him and just smile. Saturday she turned around and said, "Momma, he is so silly." It was too cute. They get to go play outside in the big pool after swim lessons.
This is her new favorite obsession, Barbie Mermaids. Yes, she has 9 Barbie Mermaids. We even have to put the 4 from McDonald's in the bath tub at night. We are now at 10 Barbie Mermaids because she got another one yesterday.

Saturday Anna Claire and I went to the pool at the Rec Center with a friend and her 2 children. I was very hesitant because I haven't been to the public pool in FOREVER, but it was very enjoyable. There were a few children that made me wonder where their parents were and a few adults that were playing or laying out in the kids section, but other than that it was nice. Anna Claire got to see Bailie and her crush while we were at the pool, again she just batted her eyes and smiled at him once she realized who he was. I think the sunglasses threw her off. She laid out during the 10 minute safety breaks every hour. {not to worry, all the Mermaids went with us} She passed out on the way home from the pool.

Sunday we had a guest speaker at church. Pastor Tre Faulkner did a great job. I was very impressed and I personally think he has been the best guest speaker that we have had. I will say that within the first 10-15 minutes I was wore out!! He is very energetic and passionate about his word. I recovered and he kept my attention the entire time. I didn't even mind being kept past 12:00pm. He was that good!! If you ever get a chance to listen to his word, please do. You will not be disappointed. While I enjoyed his service this week, I do look forward to Bro Scott returning next week.

2 comments:

Scott Reed said...

I am glad you threw in there that you were looking forward to me Sunday!!!!

Susan said...

E loves the Rec pool. Let me know next time you go and we can meet over there.