Monday, August 30, 2010

The Weekend

Anna Claire decided last week that she wanted to get her ears pierced.  I made her get her Daddy's approval and we were going to take her Friday afternoon, until she changed her mind.  Saturday after dance class, she changed her mind again, so off we went to Claire's in Tullahoma. 
This picture really has nothing to do with this post, but I thought she looked so cute Saturday morning.  {I made the bow : )}

Kerry refused to stay in the store with us, so he wondered around checking out all the food booths they had set up.  The girl that was working was WONDERFUL!!  When we walked in, I told Anna Claire to go tell the lady working what she wanted and she did.  {this was my attempt to let the girl know that it WAS NOT my idea}  Anna Claire was hesitant to let her clean her ears off, then she was hesitant to let her mark her ears, and then, well, it wasn't good..............

She pierced Anna Claire's first ear and she FREAKED completely out.  Kerry walked back in about this time and thought we were done, but she had only done one ear.  Anna Claire, being the huge drama queen that she is, was screaming, "THAT HURT!! THAT HURT!!", while big crocodile tears ran down her face.  She screamed at me to put her down, so I did and she took off running.  She ran to the left and then realized there was really no where to run, so she took off to the right.  Kerry had to chase her down because she kept yelling as she was running, "I'm getting out of here!!  One earring is fine!"  All I could do was laugh because she was still crying and I knew that she was not hurting.

I finally talked her in to getting the other ear pierced, while we all sat in the floor.  Again, thank goodness the girl working was WONDERFUL!!  She pierced the other ear and the screaming started again, until I said, "OK Claire Bear, we are done!!"  She looked at her earrings and was as happy as could be.  The tears disappeared and so did the screaming.  I looked at the Dad that was in Claire's with his daughter and said, "see, I told you she was a drama queen" and he cracked up.  {and agreed with me}

She stopped every person she could to show them her earrings, of course some stopped her to look at them because every person in the mall knew she was getting her ears pierced.  :o  That mall is usually almost always empty, but not this past Saturday.

She loves her earrings and so far, has done very well with them.  She lets me clean them without any tears {which obviously is a good thing} and she hasn't complained about them at all.  You would think, after the show she put on at the mall, that her ears could possibly be falling off by now, but they're not.  : )
That smile above, is right after getting her ears pierced.  Can you imagine?  I'm sure a few people that left the mall before "it" was over probably thought she would never smile again.

Saturday night we went to the horse show to watch Papa show.  Anna Claire LOVES going to the horse show.  She's an animal lover and Papa always lets her pet the horses.  Her Daddy loves the "food" and by the looks of the next picture, I don't think Anna Claire minded the "food" either.

Friday night {before our drama filled Saturday started} I received some of the ribbon that I had ordered in the mail, so I took the opportunity to make some bows, since Kerry was at home to entertain Anna Claire. 
 
I have fluffed these more since taking the picture.
I gave this one to a co-worker because it is too big for Anna Claire's head since she is still "hair challenged" compared to most 3 year olds her age.  : ) 

1 comment:

Scott Reed said...

We missed you Sunday. I was going to make a big deal out of her earings!