Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I have a New Hobby

Kerry has been on me about finding a "hobby" since we got married almost 6 years ago, even after Anna Claire was born he mentioned me finding a hobby.  I'm guessing being an employee, a wife, a maid, and a Mom just wasn't enough for me in his eyes.  :o  I tried to explain to him that they are my hobbies, but he has never gone for it.  Anyway, I was looking for hair bows on the Internet the other day because Anna Claire only has 1 set to wear when she has pig tails and they are lime green.  I just wanted plain white bows because white matches just about everything. I realized that trying to find white bows small enough for her pig tails, at a price that I was willing to pay, was just a pain in my rear, so I started looking for ballet bows.  I ended up paying about $12 for 2 bows and that included shipping.  $12 for 2 bows is actually cheap, for you none bow buying readers.  : )  It is frustrating when you need a hair bow because you have to either order one off of the Internet {& hope they don't ship it Fed Ex} or drive to Toodles in Murfreesboro to get one.  After all of this, I decided to go investigate Anna Claire's hair bows and hair clippies.

What was I thinking?  Why had I spent the past 3+ years buying hair bows when I could make them myself?  I told my co-worker yesterday morning that I was going to attempt to make hair bows and clippies.  She was ecstatic because after all hair bows can be expensive!!  I told her to let me see if I could do it without getting mad first and then we would go from there.  LOL!!  I got all my supplies yesterday, including 2 types of WHITE ribbon, to make Anna Claire some bows for her pig tails.  I spent about $20, but I got 30 hot glue sticks, a hot glue gun, 12 clippies, a big bottle of fabric glue, the sticks to make corker bows, etc......You get the point.......

Anna Claire wanted to go to her MeMe's yesterday afternoon, so I made bows while she was gone.  I must say, I was very impressed with my first ever attempt to make a hair bow.  : )  I made 3 bows last night, 2 white ones for Anna Claire's pig tails and a turquoise & white polka dot one.  I had some extra ribbon at home, so that's where the turquoise and white bow came from.  I even wrapped the clippies.  : )  Anna Claire was not impressed that Mommy had made her some white bows, but she was pretty excited about the turquoise and white polka dot bow.

Here they are.............................................

I messed up on the polka dot bow.  I wasn't paying attention {imagine that} and I glued the clip on the wrong side.  It took me about 15 minutes before I realized why this bow was being so difficult compared to the other two.  : P  Never the less, I cut the glue off and fixed it. 

When I got up this morning Kerry had tossed his hat on my bows!!  I was not happy!!  Thank goodness they fluff easily.  He told me that he didn't know that I had made those and was wondering why I had been having "craft time" in the kitchen last night while he was at work.  {the glue gun was still out}  I told him that he should be proud because I had finally found a hobby.  : )

I have huge expectations of myself, so I ordered some more supplies today.  I ordered Halloween ribbon, Ballet ribbon, and Jesus Loves Me ribbon.  I also ordered some things to make hair clippies and some other things to make a certain Halloween hair clippie, that I'm not going to talk about because I have a feeling it's going to make me mad.  LOL!!  I'm guessing glue and feathers may not be a good combination for me, but I'm going to try anyway.  : )

No comments: