Monday, August 16, 2010

Dance Class & the Weekend

Anna Claire started dance class on Saturday.  I gave her 2 choices.  She could continue with gymnastics or she could take dance, but she could not do both.  {dance class is waaayyyy expensive once you add in shoes, clothes, recital fees, etc.....}  She chose to be a ballerina, big surprise.  Yeah right!!  Some days I feel bad bc she is not in gymnastics anymore, but like I said, dance class is not cheap!!  Her MeMe is talking about letting her start back to gymnastics, as her expense, of course.  Anyway................Anna Claire seems to like dance class, so we shall see.  There is an attitude there that I hope stops with the adults.  I hope this person does not talk to the children the way she talks to "some" of the parents.  {me included}  Thankfully, I brought my "A" game on Saturday and I spoke words other than the ones running through my head.  The things you will do for your children  : )

Here is Anna Claire before we left the house Saturday morning for class.  She was so proud of her dance bag because she got to pick it out herself.  {it was a relief when the bag came in to see that it was much cuter in person than it was on the Internet because I was not feeling it when she picked it out, but I ordered it anyway}  I can't let her pick out her leotards because she wants every one she sees.  LOL!!
I did let her pick out her leotard from the ones we have at home and for her hair, she requested "pig tails", with NO BOWS!! 

After dance class we picked up Daddy and went to K&M to let Anna Claire get her finger nails and toe nails painted for using the potty like a big girl.  She always wants flowers on her toes, but she has to settle for polka dots because Mommy doesn't do flowers very well.  She was VERY excited that she had flowers painted on her big toes.  The lady painted her finger nails and then got in the floor and did her toe nails where Anna Claire couldn't see her, so she didn't know she had flowers on her toes until we moved her chair.  For the time that it takes me to paint her finger nails and toe nails, it was worth the price to let someone else do it.  This may be her treat every other week.  I have to paint them every weekend, so it will be a treat for her and a break for me to let someone else help paint them.  : )

We went to Nashville Shores Sunday for Kerry's company picnic and I feel like I need to go buy Anna Claire a prize because she did not pee in the pool at all!!  This was her first time going to the pool without a swim diaper on and she asked to go potty every time she needed to go!  This is a huge ordeal since they had to close the wave pool for a while yesterday due to someone pooping in the pool.  {seriously}  Thank goodness we were not in the pool when this happened!!  Kerry called me the "slide Nazi" while we were there because there were parents not watching their children and the children were cutting line to slide.  Kerry wouldn't tell them to stop, so we swapped place and I handled it.  LOL!!  What is wrong with some of these parents? 

No comments: