Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Could it Be................

.......that she really does love her new daycare?  It's only day 3, but these 3 days have been the post peaceful daycare drop offs in the history of Anna Claire's daycare drop offs!!  Up until July 15th (her first day out of the old daycare) I was leaving Anna Claire 3 days a week at a very well known daycare here in town.  I was told how wonderful the daycare was and that it was the best daycare in town.  I wanted her to go to the best, so we put her on the waiting list when she was born.  She started in June of 2009.  Long story short, it has been one of the worst daycare experiences of my life!!  I left Anna Claire there 3 days a week screaming her head off for me.  I would get to the car and would still be able to hear her screaming.  She refused to potty train and got to where she wouldn't even sit on the potty at home.  She would ask me every morning on the way to school if she had to go there.  I had convinced myself, that I was her problem.  She was too attached to me bc we are always together.  I guess she really is a "titty baby" as some in the family call her.  She wasn't potty training bc I didn't have the patience to deal with it.  I left daycare in tears one day bc they said she had cried all day.  The only thing I didn't blame on myself, was her sassy little mouth and the fits she would throw. I blamed that on daycare and I was right on with it!!

Was she really so attached to me that she was making herself miserable at daycare? 

Since being taken out of the first daycare, her mouth is now only as sassy as you would expect a 3yr old's mouth to be, her fits have gotten MUCH better, and she even picks up her toys up without a fight!!  {Remember about a month ago when I had to pretend to throw the toys in the trash?}

Last week I went and checked out her new daycare and then the next day I took Anna Claire to check it out.  She was very excited and didn't want to leave.  {What a relief!!}  I could only hope that this feeling did not change on her first day and it DIDN'T!!!!  She was very excited to go to her new school.  We held hands as we walked up the sidewalk {HUGE change bc normally I would have had to carry her}.  We walked in and it was like she was at home.  I got a quick kiss and half a hug, then off she went.  I picked her up early for her Eye Dr appointment and she was MAD at me.  She informed me that I was not suppose to come get her yet.  Tuesday morning we held hands walking in and she was a little shy for about 10 seconds when we walked in the door, and then she was gone.  I had to make her come home with me that afternoon.  This morning she hopped out of the car and RAN to the door!!  She was truly happy to be there!!

On top of her being happy to be there, she is potty training again as well!!  They don't allow diapers or pull-ups, so she doesn't really have a choice, but they don't force it on her.  Monday, well I'm sure most of you have heard about Monday.  She had 1 accident in 5 hours at daycare.  She was with me less than 2 hours and she peed in the floor at the Eye Dr.  I knew I should not have laid on my horn at that old lady!!  Tuesday she had 2 accidents at school and that was it all day!!  She used the potty at home, so she got to take a bath with ALL of her Mermaids, Dolphins, and Seahorses.  She is usually only allowed 3 in the bath tub, but last night she had 14.

As you can tell, I am not her problem.  The first daycare was her problem.  She has a fabulous group of women taking care of her each day and I am so thankful for them and that Anna Claire is happy again!!

No comments: