Monday, September 28, 2009

My Breaking Point

I reached my breaking point a few minutes ago and broke down in tears. As you know, Kerry lost his job. He is collecting UE. I am doing my best to make ends meet without asking to borrow money from Momma and Cliff, even though I know they would help me. On top of Kerry loosing his job, our health insurance was lost as well. We don't meet the qualifications for TennCare, but we do meet the qualifications for Cover Kids so I can at least try to get Anna Claire health insurance. The Cover Kids process is turning out to be very drawn out. First she was denied coverage bc she has had health insurance the past 3 months, so last Monday I turned in the letter from BCBS showing it was involuntary termination of coverage. This is what Cover Kids requested for her application to be re-submitted. Now I am waiting on an answer from them again. In the mean time Anna Claire has been sick for 2 weeks. I decided this afternoon that I would go ahead and take her to the Dr, just to be safe. I decided I needed to get her a Dr here in town since she is sick so much. This will keep me from being out of work so long with drive to Murfreesboro, plus I was looking to change her anyway bc of MMC's billing office. It would save me money in the long run not driving to Murfreesboro and right now we need to save as much as possible. So..........I called a Dr here in town that I was referred to by more than one person. They told me she was a great Dr and so was her PA. I called her office and was informed that since Anna Claire does not have health insurance they will not see her. My response was "seriously?" The guy that answered the phones response was, " yes, we do not accept straight pay. Sorry, that is just how it is at this time." I said thanks and hung up.


OK, I'm sorry, but how can you deny taking care of a sick 2yr old bc she does not have health insurance? It's not her fault. I am trying to get her an appointment at a Dr's office bc she is not sick enough for the ER. This is why our ER's are over crowded bc Dr's refuse to see new patients with out health insurance!!!!!!!!! I am doing the best I can to get her health insurance, but the government is making it hard on me bc I have a job. What happened to helping people that are trying to help themselves? I don't get it!! I was willing to pay for her Dr's visit upfront. I would have paid cash, if that would have made them happy. It just doesn't make any sense to me and quiet frankly I am MAD about it.

So, needless to say I will call Dr. B and make the drive to Murfreesboro bc she will accept my straight pay. I guess on the bright side, if I pay upfront, I don't have to deal with the billing office. :

2 comments:

Holli said...

Dear friend...when it rains it pours! Holler if I can help! Hnag in there...there has to be light at the end of the tunnel!

Holli said...

Oh yeah...I LOVE the new blog background....TOO cute!