Tuesday, September 1, 2009

2009 Celebration Dog Show

We decided to let Anna Claire show Daisy in the dog show this year at the Celebration. We knew it would be interesting to say the least. MeMe had t-shirts made that said Anna Claire and "Daisy" on the front and Puppy Class Celebration 2009 on the back of the shirts. A little over the top, but it was fun. The shirts matched AC's out fit perfectly and I found some pink and white polka dot ribbon to match as well. I gave MeMe the ribbon and said "here, do something with this." LOL!! MeMe added bows to AC's number, which turned out very cute!!
When we got to the arena after Church I was expecting AC to be in the puppy class only. I should have known better!! MeMe entered her in the puppy class, the 8 and under class, and the World Grand Champion Class {I thought I was going to fall out!! LOL}. Anna Claire was in class 2, 5, and 13!! Yes class 13, but it gets better!! We were in an indoor arena in the middle of the day with no air-conditioning, a fur ball of a puppy, a 2 yr old, and Momma {that would be me} had on blue jeans!! Anna Claire and Daisy did not place in the puppy class and Daddy was heated {and not just bc it was hot in there ~ LOL}. I told him it was ok and that she couldn't win everything. {even though deep down I was heated as well bc I don't loose well, but one of us had to be an adult about it, right? ~ LOL} The 8 and Under class was so big that they had to split it in to 2 class {there were about 30 children under 8 years old for this class}, so that turned class 13 in to class 14, another class was split so class 14 then turned to class 15!! Oh My!!

{This is how I felt about it too!!}

Anna Claire and Daisy won first place in the 8 and under class 5b. Anna Claire got her "tinker medal", as she calls it, and was ready to go. Little did she know we still had to wait for 9 more classes before it was our turn again. Class number 15 is called in and I see a light at the end of the tunnel. By this time I had chased Anna Claire across the show ring floor 3 times {remember blue jeans and no air-conditioning}, my body temperature was at least 110 degrees, Daisy was panting, Anna Claire got her butt popped by her Daddy, and that was the end of it. The butt popping broke her down!! We head to the show ring and she cried all the way around the ring. They line us up and call the ones they want to stay to the center of the ring. Number 328 step in!! I was so happy for her and Daisy, but they could have cared less. It's now time to make our way around the ring some more, yeah right. Half way around Anna Claire gave up on me. I had to pick her up and carry her. I think Daisy really wanted me to carry her as well, but I was out of room. Finally it was time to go home!!


Look at the concentration on her face!! Her Daddy does that with his lips when he is concentrating too.

Daddy never missed a beat with the camera. Daisy and Anna Claire decided to swap sides on me.

I'm pretty sure Daisy and Anna Claire were checking out some dog poop. {seriously}


Loving on Mommy while we waited, after checking out the dog poop of course.

A "tinker medal" and a blue ribbon too!?!?


Checking out the "tinker medal"

Big Daddy why are you letting her chew on her "tinker medal"?


Anna Claire and Daddy in deep conversation about her and Daisy's win. {well Daddy was having a conversation, but it looks like Anna Claire was just eating ice focusing on someone else.}

And this "little" fella giving Anna Claire a kiss was the 2008 Dog Show World Grand Champion!! {now do you see why I about fell out when I found out MeMe had entered little Daisy and Anna Claire in that class}

5 comments:

Susan said...

Way to go AC!! Your mom cracks me up! I love the shirts! LOL!

Scott Reed said...

I wish I could have been there! It looked like a lot of fun.

Holli said...

The shirts are AWESOME!! I loved all the pictures!!

bren said...

We went to the horse show last night and during clips from the dog show who did we see on the BIG SCREEN but AC!!!!We were so proud to know a Movie Star!

bren said...

Great pic in Sunday Paper!!!