Monday, June 1, 2009

First Day at Barnyard


Today was Anna Claire's first day at Barnyard {daycare/school}. We've been talking about going to "school" all weekend. I get her up this morning and ask if she is going to school. Her reply is "NO WAY". She is not a morning person. Once she gets good and awake, almost an hour later, she is ready to go. One the way to "school" we talk about what is going to happen. I tell her that, "Mommy is going to leave you at school to play with all the other children and when she gets off of work she is going to come back and get you." Her response, "I go to work to with you." After a few more conversations, we were on the same track. Anna Claire is going to "PLAY WITH THE KIDS", in her most exciting voice.

We get to Barnyard and we walk through E's class. Susan, sorry I have to share this. I am guessing all the children in his class were suppose to be sitting on the mat, some were up running around and hollering {being children}. I look down as I pass E and he has the most disgusted look on his face like "can you please make these kids do what they are suppose to". It was priceless.

We get to Anna Claire's room and there are 2 other children already there. One little white haired boy crouched down in the fetal position balling his eyes out and another little girl being just quiet as a mouse. I ask one of the Teachers if it was ok if Anna Claire keeps one of her Pups with her. Thankfully, she said she could keep it with her. {alert - there would have been a break down if I had taken Pups from her, as she negotiated with me before we left the house to only take one Pups with her instead of 2 Pups, her blankie, Goofy, and a Baby Panda} I'm talking to the Teacher and I go out to the car to get the rest of the stuff we had to bring. I come back in to Anna Claire hugging the crying boy and telling him "it's going to be ok." SWEETEST THING EVER!! I then notice that my 2 year old cares nothing about the fact that I am going to leave her there. She heads over to the table, as I follow her asking for a hug and a kiss. I had to stop her and turn her around before she would even acknowledge that I existed. She hugs and kisses me, YELLS bye to me, and proceeds to get ready to have a tea party with the quiet little girl that had followed her over to the table. Needless to say, the first drop off at daycare was not emotional for her at all. I then leave, with my feelings hurt a little, to head to work. There were no tears shed by either of us, mainly bc I saw Holli's husband in the parking lot, so I had to be a big girl and not some crying Momma dropping her kid off at daycare for the first time. LOL!!

2 comments:

Holli said...

Awww....first day at Barnyard! Oh how I remember, Kaylee wasn't as gun hoe as AC but as you can see we still LOVE Barnyard and will probably go until Mrs. Dana says, "Seriously Holli, Kaylee is graduating from high school!" LOL! I am a huge Barnyard fan! Congrats AC on your first day of "school"!

Susan said...

Glad to see she done great. Ethan loves it. The only thing he doesn't like is that he doesn't get enough to eat!! lol Imagine that!! I'm glad to see he was acting good too!!