Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Day at the Zoo................

We spent Saturday morning at the Zoo today. Thank goodness we got up early to go. We got there at 9:30am and it was already scorching hot!! Anna Claire could have cared less. She got her Giraffe and bag of rocks and was set for the day. The Zoo got me with the bag of rocks. They had a display of tons of colored rocks. Of course, when Anna Claire saw them she went nuts!! I told her she could have a bag. I saw the price was $3.99 for a bag, no big deal right? Then Daddy picked out the pink bag and I realized it was a MAYBE 2x1 size bag. It was tiny!! Anna Claire and Daddy filled the bag and handed it to me. Daddy had it packed full, but then I noticed that Daddy wasn't much of a packer. There were only 5 rocks in the bag. Mommy, being wise with our money ~ LOL, was able to get 3 more rocks in the bag by re-organizing them. Was it worth $3.99 for 8 rocks, probably not, but it thrilled Anna Claire so that made it worth it.
Here we are riding the Carousel.

I had this bright idea that there would be a nice breeze blowing once it got going. WRONG!! There was no breeze. When Anna Claire saw the Carousel she wanted to ride the Zebra. I had planned to stand beside her to make sure she didn't fall off. We got on the Carousel and she decided she wanted to ride the Frog. I sat here on the Frog and she decided she wanted to ride the Panda. You see where we ended up.

Checking out the Giraffes




2 comments:

Susan said...

I have never been to the Nashville zoo. We went to the one in St Louis and loved it!! I think that is something we might try on a not so hot day!! :) AC looks just like her daddy in that last picture!

Holli said...

Sweet baby is getting so big!