Sunday, May 17, 2009

Church.........

This has been an amazing journey for me. I decided a few months ago that Kerry, Anna Claire, and I needed to get in to Church. Anna Claire and I started going to Church with Nana and Papa. Kerry would show up with us occasionally, but since the Church was still looking for a permanent Preacher, Kerry chose not to come. Every Sunday as soon as we got to Church, Anna Claire would announce to everyone at Church that she wanted to go "PLAY IN THE BALLS." She would yell it, everyone would laugh, and then Nana would take her to the Nursery so that she could play in the balls. {they have a little plastic swimming pool full of balls}

A few Sundays ago I got to hear Brother Scott Reed give a sermon at Church. I was moved and went home and told Kerry about him. Kerry decided to come with us to Church on Mother's Day, the first day that Brother Scott was the permanent Preacher for the Church. Kerry was moved and came back with us this past Sunday. On Mother's Day, Anna Claire did not feel the need to go "PLAY IN THE BALLS." She wanted to stay in the sanctuary with us. After the special Mother's Day activities, Kerry finally got her to stay in the Nursery, after all, those of you that know my child, know she has no volume control and will talk when she feels the need to talk. LOL!!

This past Sunday, I was going to let her stay for the Children's part and then take her to the Nursery, again she did not announce to everyone that she wanted to go "PLAY IN THE BALLS." She was standing on the pew while we were singing and then we went to prayer and Anna Claire starts to yell "WHERE'S PAPA? WHERE DID PAPA GO?" Papa was sitting next to her Daddy. LOL!! After the first prayer, Papa took Anna Claire to the Nursery. It was Nana and Papa's turn to keep the Nursery, but Nana was sick, so I went back to help. When I got back there Anna Claire came running to me begging, in her own little sweet way, to please go back out there where Daddy was. I wouldn't let her bc she is so wild, so I talked her in to staying in the Nursery with me.

Once Church was over, we opened the door and Anna Claire took off running to her Daddy. Daddy took her hand and around the corner they went. I find out once we get in the car that Anna Claire was in a rush to get to Brother Scott. Kerry said she ran up to him and held her arms up for him to hold her. {note she loves everyone, but that doesn't mean you can hold her} Brother Scott picks her up and continues to shake hands with everyone while holding Anna Claire. This is the first real interaction that she has had with this man. This man of God, this man that Anna Claire can sense the good in. I was amazed!! Is he the reason she wants to stay in the sanctuary every Sunday now? Does she know that God sent him to our Church? They say that children can sense things that adults cannot bc children have an open mind to everything, as their minds are not clouded with judgement. My sweet innocent child has proved to me that this Church is the place for us to be and Kerry is starting to agree.


4 comments:

Susan said...

WOW!! I have heard tht about kids. We need to find us a church home too. Where do you go? I went to school with and Scott and Dan.

Robyn said...

We go to Midland Heights. It's a small church and we really enjoy it. We've been trying to find a church, but Kerry is very particular about the preaching. He really likes Scott, so we plan to make this church our new home. Ya'll are welcome to come visit. You can sit with us. There are a lot of little boys close to Ethan's age.

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I am going to have to meet this preacher-man!!!

Scott Reed said...

That last comment was mine (he, he, he)