Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Health

I know some of you have seen my posts on FB about all the tests that have been run on me.  So far I have had 2 CT scans, an Echocardiogram, 5 sets of blood work, and a 24 hour urine test.  The Dr still does not have an answer to this:
That up there showed up over night back in January.  I've been to see Dr. McGowan, as well, and even though it looks like it, I am not pregnant.  My blood pressure went wild for a little while, but now that I am no longet taking the "pill of death", as I like to call it,  my BP has gotten better.  The "pill of death" is HTCZ or Hydrochlorothiazide.  It's a water/BP pill that just made my BP sky rocket and I'm pretty sure it helped cause the above bc it all started when I began taking the HTCZ daily.  It caused lots of other side effects as well.  I did change Dr's a few weeks ago, which caused me to have the 2nd CT scan, the 4th and 5th sets of blood work, and the 24 hour urinalasis after I gained 7 pounds in about 4 days and had zero change in my eating habits or anything else.  He does seemed concerned and has scheduled me an appointment (since the last office didn't follow through) with an Endocrinologist.  I go see this Dr on April 1st, unless he deems me more needy and reschedules me for earlier after he sees my latest test results.  They sent those to him today.  The Endoctinologist is at Saint Thomas, so hopefully he will "fix" me.  In the mean time, I have joined MG Sports & Fitness to attempt to get whatever that is above, off of me!!

So, there you have it, incase you have been wondering.  : )

No comments: