Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dance and Gymnastics

I'm sure some of you have already seen these pictures on facebook, but I thought I would post them for those that haven't.  Anna Claire has been taking ballet and tap since August of last year.  They are getting ready for recital in June and got to try on their costumes a few weeks ago. 
This is their ballet costume and they will be dancing to a song from Princess and the Frog. 
 This is their tap costume and I'm telling you, this is a dance you will not want to miss!!  The parents got a preview of it and it was hilarious!!

Anna Claire has been taking gymnastics on and off for about 2 years now.  We just recently changed from Murfreesboro to Tullahoma.  Tullahoma was closer and the time frame worked better for us.  Little did we know, it would also be a better gymnastics class for her age.  If you haven't seen the video on facebook, go check it out.  Miss Anna Claire can pull her legs up and flip over backwards on the bar, all by herself.  She is in a Mommy and Me class right now, so that allows me to help her, even though she really doesn't need it anymore.  She's old enough and strong enough to move to the next class, but she just doesn't want to yet.
As you can see, all I do on the balance beam is walk behind her with my hand on her back.  That gives her just the right amount of reassurance that she thinks she needs.  : )
 I do have to help her with her handstands because they flip on over in to the center of the circle on the one below.  It amazes me that when we first started the new class in February all she could do was stand on her head and now look as those "strong arms".  "Strong Arms" is her cue to push and hold herself up.

And I cannot remember if I shared or not that Anna Claire has moved in to her "Big Girl" bed.  She LOVES it and sometimes it secretly hurts my feelings that she wants to be a big girl and sleep in her bed.  : )
Her baby bed went to a toddler bed and then to a full size bed.  I was afraid she would just play on the foot board, so we left it off. 

No comments: