Monday, December 20, 2010

The Weekend...........

Anna Claire made this rug at school for me.  {Not that I have put it in the floor!!}  The snowmen are her foot prints and as you can see the Anna Claire snowman is wearing a hair bow.  We LOVE COF!!

Our weekend was pretty busy and lots of fun!  Friday, I took a half a day vacation and finished Christmas shopping.  Friday night Kerry, Anna Claire, and I decorated a Gingerbread house.



Anna Claire was really more interested in eating the candy and the icing, than she was decorating.  I guess the icing around her mouth gives that away.  : )
Saturday morning they had open house at Dancy's, so we got to see Anna Claire dance.  The dress code was Christmas attire.  You know, red, green, white, tutu, leotard, etc.......  I found the cutest Christmas tutu and stressed until I found a red leotard to go under it.  Friday night after making the Gingerbread house, I was cutting and sewing a pair of my socks to make red and white stripe leg warmers because I felt like she needed something extra.  It's a good thing that I did because the tutu didn't last long.  I managed to talk her in to 2 pictures before she took it off, during a dance I might add.
How cute is she?  You can tell how unhappy she was, regardless of how cute I thought she looked.  All the little girls had on some type of tutu as they do every Saturday, well all of them except my child.  Mine is apparently to cool to wear tutus.  She claims they make her "itchy", but it's funny that this just started last month and she's been dancing since August.  Anyway.......
Here she is tutu less and about to cry because she needed a hug from her Mommy.
She got her hug and was good to go.
What about those leg warmers?!?!  LOL!!


After dance class we went home, changed clothes, and then headed to see Santa.
 And she LOVED him!!  She asked Santa for a Buzz Lightyear and a baby sister.  She doesn't really want a baby sister, her Daddy put her up to asking for that.
After the Santa visit and some shopping, we headed home for a nap, before heading to Christmas with part of Big Daddy's Family.
She changed clothes for the 3rd time before we left.
Here she is rocking with her MeMe.


She loved Charli-Ann until it came to sharing the rocking chair and her new baby doll with her.  This proves that she does not want a baby sister and if she decides that she does, we will just go borrow Charli-Ann.  : )

No comments: