Friday, March 19, 2010

Party Planning

We finished Easter Bunny shopping in Murfreesboro last night, so I can now move on to planning Anna Claire's 3rd Birthday!! I've been planning, now it's just time to start buying. Out of all the choices Anna Claire was given for her 3rd birthday party, she chose fire trucks. I had in my head Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street. I could already see the cute decorations and all the pink and purple, but Anna Claire put a stop to that with the mention of fire trucks. She wanted fire trucks, so fire trucks it is. I blame her Uncle Josh for this!! LOL!! She is obsessed with Uncle Josh being a Fire Fighter and her Daddy being a volunteer. So.............How do you girly up a fire truck birthday party? With POLKA DOTS and pink fire hats, of course and we LOVE polka dots and pink. : ) Big Daddy had already booked the fire dog bounce house and there will be a few extra surprises for Anna Claire and the other kids at the party too. I can't wait!!












I love it when Anna Claire says something and her Daddy doesn't "get" it. It is always hilarious!! I'll give you a little background, since most of you would not know what she was talking about if she said this to you, but her Daddy should have. Anna Claire's MeMe (my Mom)had 2 dachshunds, Buck and Sophie. Buck passed away last year, but she still has Sophie. Last night on the radio they said something cost 20 bucks.

Anna Claire said, "Mommy who said 20 bucks?"

I said, "they said 20 bucks on the radio."

Anna Claire replied, "oh they said 20 bucks on the radio. What about 20 Sophies?"

I cracked up and Kerry had this blank look on his face. He said, "what is she talking about?" I then had to explain "20 bucks", she thought they meant 20 actual Bucks, as in MeMe's dachshund that passed away and she wanted to know why not 20 Sophies, as in MeMe's other dachshund. He laughed once he got it. : )











and yes........That is one of those dog collar lamp shade things that she is wearing. She borrowed it from Daisy.

1 comment:

Holli said...

I can't wait to see the pink polka dot fire truck birthday!! And the 20 Sophia's....TOO funny!