Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dear God,

I want to thank you for watching over my precious Anna Claire. I want to thank you for having her to wake me up this morning at 1:00am asking for juice. I know that had she not asked for juice I would have never known she already had a fever of 103.0. It is because of you that I was able to make sure she was ok. You are a wonderful God and I am grateful that I have you in my life. Thank you God!! Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Most of you already know that Anna Claire has been sick since last Thursday. MeMe took her to the Dr on Friday, July 31st bc I wanted to nip this cough she had quickly. We didn't get to see Dr. B bc she was booked up, so we saw another Dr in her office. Dr C told MeMe that I needed to give her Benadryl, keep her elevated, and cool. I was already giving her OTC medicine, which was not working, and keeping her elevated and cool. Tuesday morning I threw in the towel and gave up on the OTC medicine. Tuesday night I thought we were having a break through. She only woke up one time, coughed one time, and that was it all night. I was so happy! When she woke up Wednesday morning she started the coughing again, but it wasn't that bad. She made it through the day at Barnyard and when I walked in to get her, she was her normal self. She was sitting in a basket trying to get it stuck on her rear end. {You know, just being AC}

As you read above Anna Claire woke me up this morning at 1:00am wanting some juice. She has been coughing a lot for the past 8 days, so I have been keeping a sippy cup of Gatorade on the night stand for her. I handed her the juice and I rubbed her forehead and noticed she was hot. I then felt her back and it was hotter. I got her up, which did not please her, and checked her temp. It was 103.0, so I gave her some Motrin and we laid back down. After about 45 minutes I felt of her and she still felt very hot, so I decided to put her in her bedroom bc her room is cooler than ours is. I also decided to check her temp again, just because. It was 103.7 and I began to panic a little. I ran her a luke warm bath, which she HATED, with the hopes that it would help. I got her out, got her dressed, and checked her temp again, 103.9. At this point 103.9 was way to close to 104, so I called the Dr's office. The on-call Nurse called me back {which felt like an eternity} and told me to go ahead and give her a 1/2 tsp of Tylenol, since I had already given her Motrin, no clothes other than a diaper {check}, light blanket {check}, and go back to the Dr tomorrow {today}. This morning I was going to go on in to work bc I knew I couldn't make the appt until 8:00am. MeMe was coming across the yard to get AC as we were coming outside. MeMe took AC from me and I carried her bag. We made it half way across the yard and AC started to gag and started throwing up mucus. {Gross I know} She did this 3 times before we made it to MeMe's house. I came to work and made the appt for 9:10am. Kerry {Daddy} rode with AC and I to the Dr. He rode in the back seat with AC and thank goodness he did bc she threw up mucus 3 times on the way to Murfreesboro.

So here we are. Dr. B was off today, so we saw Dr J. After a flu test and some chest x-rays we are now diagnosed with pneumonia in both lungs. It was time for the very painful antibiotic shot. Daddy decided he couldn't handle it, after the Nurse was explaining how she needed to be held down in my lap. I should mention that when my child is in pain she is strong as a freakin Ox!! Needle in leg, AC goes crazy, one hand gets away from me, and she grabs the needle. It equalled one unhappy Nurse. She had to go get a new needle and I told Daddy to suck it up and come help me. Shot done and then we waited for 15 minutes to make sure there was no reaction. AC is resting now and it taking Motrin and Tylenol for her fever. She will continue Tylenol until tomorrow even if the fever goes away tonight due to the pain that the shot is/will causing. Tomorrow she will start her oral antibiotic and hopefully she will be closer to normal by Saturday morning, otherwise we will visit the Dr's office again.



1 comment:

Susan said...

That is so sad and scary!! I would have been freaking out!! I hope she is better soon!