Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Maybe she really does learn best with her best friends?

I'm sure those of you with children have seen the commercial on NOGGIN about what all the children learn when watching Noggin. I always roll my eyes at the commercial, especially when the lady says, "and there he was doing the Charleston," yeah right. Anyway, after the past few days, I'm beginning to think that Noggin knows what they are talking about. Sunday we were at Wal-Mart in the sippy cup isle and she looked over and said, "Tink Bell." I looked at her with amazement bc I have never heard her even acknowledge that she knew who Tinker Bell was, so I picked up the sippy cups and said, "who is that?" Her response, "Tink Bell" and in the buggy the cups went. ; ) She also talked me in to a Goofy stuffed animal bc she started hollering, "Goofy Goofy Goofy." I can't take her anywhere without buying her something bc she knows I'm a sucker!!

Yesterday we got her monthly Imagination Library book. This months book was called Mine-O-Saur. I got it out of the mail box and took it in the house. I got Anna Claire from her MeMe's, we played outside, and then went in for dinner. I showed her the new book and she shouts, "dinosaur." Again, with disbelief, I pointed to the book and said, "what is that Anna Claire?" Her response, "DINOSAUR!!!!" She also pointed out an elephant and giraffe on TV the other day. I expect her to recognize cows, dogs, cats, and horses, but a dinosaur, an elephant, and a giraffe?

Who said it was OK for my 21 month old to grow up and become so knowledgeable? She's going to love the Zoo this year!!

1 comment:

Holli said...

Too cute! They do grow up so fast!