Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Fall Down Again!!

That's right, Kerry fell down again, but this time he tripped over the baby gate. As many of you know we have a baby gate at the bottom of the steps to keep Anna Claire from going up them because she can fly up the steps when given the opportunity and of course it's a safety precaution. We never take the gate down, ever!! When we go upstairs we step over the gate to come and go. If we have company to stay upstairs, as rude as it may sound, they too have to step over the gate to come and go bc I have that gate exactly where I want it. I have always felt that I have it positioned just perfectly and Monday night Kerry proved me right. He had gone up stairs for something and when he came down I'm not sure what happened, but some how he hung his foot in the back side of the gate (the side facing him and the stairs) as he was trying to step over it. He got all tangled up and ended up falling on the gate and then in to the floor. I was in bed when this happened, but I heard it all take place. I, being the caring wife that I am, got up to go check on him and of course I was already laughing bc as I've said before it's always funny until someone gets hurt and then it's hilarious. Also, did I mention it was 12:00am on a work night when this happened? This shows how caring I really am. Anyway, I get to the living room and I see something similar to this.

Now this is the picture from a few weeks ago, but this was the same position Kerry was in from the new fall. I didn't get pictures bc it was late and dark. Yes, he hurt his toes again. By this time I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at him. I did manage to ask if he was ok and to check on my baby gate. Kerry was a little banged up. His back was sore, so I put some icy hot on him before he came to bed, and he had a scuff on his hip from landing on the baby gate. The baby gate was unharmed and Kerry seemed to be better yesterday afternoon.

You will all be surprised to know that the baby gate that Kerry landed on has to be one of the cheapest baby gates available. We have a more expensive baby gate upstairs and I have no doubt that if Kerry would have fallen on the more expensive baby gate that it would have fell with him.

So, there you go......More expensive is not always better. Here's the baby gate that Kerry fell on.

If you ever need a sturdy baby gate, these are the way to go. 2 gates for $24.99 that will with hold over 200 pounds of pure man and never budge!! Now that's a bargain!!

Oh and didn't I mention a few weeks ago that Kerry falls down all the time. ; )

No comments: